Precision Carpet Cleaning
for the Right Price
We call ourselves “Precision Carpet Cleaning”. This isn’t just because the name sounds cool and gives you a rough idea of who we are and what we do – it means that we’re not a fish and chip shop, for example! However, we didn’t just pick a modifier for the phrase “carpet cleaning” out of the dictionary at random. We chose it carefully because we pride ourselves on our precision in a number of areas.
To give you an idea of our work ethic and what we’re all about, we’d like to give you an idea of precisely (couldn’t resist that) why we call ourselves Precision Carpet Cleaning.
Precisely The Right Method
With carpets, if you get it wrong, it can be a disaster. This is why we have a range of carpet cleaning techniques and tools at our fingertips – and we know when and where the best places are to use each of them.
To be precise, we use the following methods for cleaning carpets, mats, rugs and upholstery:
- Steam cleaning (also known as hot water extraction or carpet shampooing): although shampoo may or may not be involved, depending on how dirty the carpet is, this method is the most common one out there and suits a wide range of carpet types. It’s also great for killing germs, mould and fleas!
- Bonnet buffing: This low-moisture method is great for high-traffic areas where you can’t afford a long drying time. It’s pretty rigorous so it doesn’t suit all carpet types.
- Dry carpet cleaning: We use the environmentally friendly HOST system to remove dirt from carpets, rugs and upholstery that are a bit more delicate and can’t take moisture.
Precisely The Right People
We wanted to make sure that we have the right people in our team of professional carpet cleaners. We don’t have just any Joe or Jane on our team – although we are an equal opportunity employer and anyone, no matter what gender or ethnicity, can be part of our team as long as they meet our criteria.
The most important characteristics we look for in our team members are honesty and reliability. After all, our clients let us into their homes and offices, sometimes when they’re not there, so we have to be trustworthy. To make sure of this as best we can, we put all prospective team members through a police vetting check. We also train our team members thoroughly to industry standards so that they behave appropriately and professionally on the job. We also like to see enthusiasm and friendliness in our team members, with a side order of politeness.
Precision Carpet Cleaning started in 2019 with a couple of technicians providing our core Carpet Cleaning London service to residential and commercial clients. We have been very successful in washing spots and stains out of our clients' precious carpets, rugs and upholstery. In 2020 we are planning to expand in towns and cities outside of the Greater London boundary.
Carpet cleaning can be tricky, as there are so many factors influencing the best way to clean them, so we also train all of our team members thoroughly to industry standards so that they know carpets inside out, left to right and upside down.
Precisely The Right Services
Although the main service provided by Precision Carpet Cleaning is carpet cleaning (obviously), we do a few other things as well for our clients and customers. This is because we want to provide a total carpet care package. On top of good old carpet cleaning itself, we also provide the following services:
- mat cleaning: from doormats and welcome mats to long rubber-backed mats, we clean them!
- rug cleaning: from Persian and Turkish carpets to hides and everything in between
- upholstery cleaning: sofas, chairs, ottomans, pouffes, divans, couches and even your car upholstery
- stain removal: we’ve got the know-how to remove even the toughest stains, including red wine and nail polish. We’ve got emergency stain treatment services available as well!
- Scotchgard stain protection: We apply Scotchgard to any areas where you want that extra level of protection against grime and staining, whether it’s a sofa, a carpet or a rug or anything else
- odour removal: if your carpets smell a bit funny thanks to mould, pets, water damage or something else, we’ll give them a good freshen-up
Precisely When You Need It
We know that different people have different needs when it comes to getting carpets cleaned (and mats and rugs and upholstery and…). For example, think about a football club, a family with children and pets, and a small graphic design company. All of them will need to have their carpets cleaned from time to time, but the small company won’t need it done all that often, but the football club will need it more often during the season (all those dirty boots in the clubrooms!) whereas the family will need to deal with a range of different messes on the carpet as well as wanting to deal to fleas and dust mites.
Because needs vary, we let you pick how often you want one of our carpet cleaners to come around. You can get someone in on a one-off basis (maybe once a year, which is what carpet manufacturers recommend for deep cleaning) or you can arrange for regular scheduled cleans. Regular cleaning (where you set the basis) is popular with busy offices and places where a lot of people tramp over the carpets on a regular basis (schools and the aforementioned sports club, for example!).
We don’t take a one size fits all attitude to cleaning carpets but we let you decide what you want and we’ll take it from there. If you want advice about how often you ought to get your carpets deep cleaned, then we’ll help you out.
Stain Removal: Where The Greatest Precision Is Needed
The area where we are most precise is that of stain removal and its close cousin, spot cleaning. Unlike general carpet cleaning, this involves targeting just the affected area of carpet to remove discolouration and residues (OK, that’s what a stain is).
With stains, it’s important to use the right method for the stain in question. To take a very common example, although hot water may be just the thing for getting a patch of mud out of the carpet (we’re back to those dirty football boots again), it’s an absolute disaster for blood or egg yolk, which are the most common protein stains, as hot water will set the protein into the carpet fibres, making the stain indelible. However, we know all about this sort of thing and we know the right ways to remove tough stains, including all the following:
- red wine
- cordial, soft drinks and fruit juice (including beetroot juice!)
- curry, tomato ketchup and similar sauces (including mustard)
- highlighter, permanent marker or sharpie pen
- makeup, including lipstick, concealer, eyeshadow and mascara
- printer or photocopier ink and toner
- children’s poster paints and other craft materials
- chewing gum and bubble gum
- pet “accidents”: pee, poop and the mess left by female dogs in season
- fats and oils
- grass stains
- watermarks and water damage from overflowing washing machines, etc.
One of the important things to remember if you have spilled something on the carpet (or if you’ve just discovered that Rover has had a little accident), then it’s important to act as fast as you can. The longer a stain sits on your carpet, mat or upholstery, the harder it is to remove. You can blot or wipe up as much as you can, but you also need to get in touch with the experts here at Precision Carpet Cleaning as soon as you can. We’ve got emergency stain treatment services available for you (same day and next day basis), so contact us RIGHT NOW if you’re in this situation.
If you want to find out more about Precision Carpet Cleaning – for example, if you’d like a quote on our carpet cleaning services – then please get in touch with us whenever you like to find out more. Or talk to us today about getting the carpets at your home or office cleaned.